Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I will be there

     I have two amazing daughters who are growing into two beautiful young ladies.  I sometimes have doubted myself as being a mother who is always there for my girls.  Yet, my girls will come to talk to me about anything going on in their life.  Sometimes I have to coax it out of my youngest but yet she will open up, and out pours everything that is on her mind.  I try to always be there for my children, and yet at times I fail.
     Nothing takes the place of your presence.  Showing up at a play, showing up at a game, showing up at any performance.  You have been blessed with a unique individual child, we must mold them, strengthen them, and build them up to be the best that they can be; otherwise the world may miss out on what potential they have.
     I missed parent night last year at Meg's Parent Night, Band Performance.  Phil, my husband, was sick that evening from chemotherapy, and I was just tired.  We both laid down to nap before the game, and the next thing we got was a text from Megan,  "I was the only one standing there without my parents."  My heart sunk, and my daughter was hurt.  Megan deals with alot with her dad having cancer and is very understanding when he is not feeling good.  However, when I don't even show up it's uncalled for because I believe she is worth my time.  Showing up gives them the confidence and reassurance of being loved, and cared about. 
     If you want to make a difference in your child, if you believe in your child, then show up to anything and everything that you can.  It is a sign of love, "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
    
 

1 comment:

  1. Without Failure there wouldn't be Success. We just have to remember that with parenting there will be lots of mistakes and even our children will learn from them.

    ReplyDelete