Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life long, and life too short

     I was thinking today of life, some of us live long lives, and some seem short lived.  We say things such as, He was so young, Her time here was cut short, and they died so young.  However, Psalm 119:16 says, All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.
     If we compare our life to eternity, our life here on earth appears to be a speck of sand on the beach.  If you believe in God,  then you know in God's plan each death is in his time.  And all though each of us wishes to live long and healthy, God knows better.
     As I get older I am grateful for the years I have been blessed with, the loving memories with family, the moments of relaxing, the Thanksgiving dinners, the Christmas cookies baked, and the hot chocolate mom would have waiting for me when I came in from playing outside in the snow.
     Most of us have been through the loss of a loved one, or maybe we have someone in our life that is battling a terminal disease.  Don't think of those precious moments as to short, but remember and cherish the moments imbedded in your memory.  Instead take what time you have on earth and make it count, however much time that may be.  Make sure that the life you have is meaningful, filled with love, laughter, and memories.

1 comment: